Volkswagen Passat Launching In India Tomorrow: Here Is What To Expect
Volkswagen Passat is going to be the second new product launch of the premium carmaker in the country, after Tiguan
German automaker Volkswagen is going to launch its much awaited premium luxury sedan the new Passat on Tuesday (10 October) in India. Volkswagen Passat is going to be the second new product launch of the premium carmaker in the country, after Tiguan.
Tiguan was introduced in May 2017 at a starting price of Rs 27.98 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi).
The new Passat is being produced at the company’s Aurangabad facility in Maharashtra. Passat is going to be Volkswagen’s first sedan in India based on the company’s MQB platform.
Before we head towards towards the launch, let’s take a look at what we can expect from the luxury sedan Volkswagen Passat.
- The Passat will be available with a 2.0L TDI, 177PS diesel engine mated to a 6-speed DSG automatic gearbox
- For the first time in India, Volkswagen Passat will offer nine airbags providing additional safety for the passengers
- This eighth generation Passat is going to compete with the likes of Toyota Camry, Honda Accord, and Skoda Superb, and most likely be priced at around Rs 30 lakh
- New Volkswagen Passat measures 4767mm X 1832mm X 1456mm, and has a wheelbase of 2791mm
- The interior of the car is likely to sport a 12.3-inch digital. It will also come equipped with two-zone climate control, premium leather upholstery, driving modes, smartphone integration, and 17-inch alloy wheels
Top themes and market attention on: