The Samsung smartwatch is based on the Tizen platform. It works with Android devices though and will even do so with the iPhone, possibly bringing in significant competition for Apple in this area
There are smartwatches and fitness bands being churned out at a high rate in recent months, but only a handful of smartwatches have caught the eye like Samsung's Gear S2. Now, Samsung is bringing it into India.
Here are five things to know about this interesting wearable:
1. Samsung's Gear S2 is based on the Tizen platform and not Android Wear. It works with Android devices though and will even do so with the iPhone, possibly bringing in significant competition for Apple in this area.
2. The Gear S2 is an award winner at the recent CES or Consumer Electronics Show at Las Vegas. It has been received as being intuitive and innovative. Particularly admired is its interface including a twirling bezel that makes it incredibly easy and fast to navigate the watch.
3. If the user wants to leave the smartphone at home and say, go for a run and listen to music, the Gear S2 has enough storage to accommodate up to 300 songs.
4. The Gear S2 has easily changeable straps in leather and silicon. These are said to be very comfortable and can give the user the option of changing the look to go with the outfit. There's also a Classics line for the more traditional look. There are also versions in the very popular rose gold and platinum, popular colours over all of 2015.
5. The Gear S2 needs more apps because it works with Samsung's proprietary operating system.