Feeling Stressed In Office? Keeping These Quick Foods Handy Will Help
Stress is an everyday routine in the life of a working professional. If you are working you know how to handle stress in a day to day life. Stress can have an adverse effect on your body. Long time stress can have problems like high blood pressure, heart disease, obesity, diabetes etc
Photo Credit : Shutterstock,
So, here’s a list of 5 quick foods with snack recipes, you can keep handy in office if you are feeling stressed. Let's have a look:
1. Cashews: Cashews are one of the main sources of tryptophan(a-amino acid) which is the precursor to neurotransmitter (chemical messengers) serotonin which helps in keeping mood balance as well as elevates healthy sleep. Cashews are also a source of magnesium which keeps good mental health and nervous system.
You can carry cashews in office, eat them directly or have any of the following recipes made out of them. Enjoy!!!
Masala Kaju | Roasted Nuts | Spicy Cashewnuts Recipe by Healthy Kadai
Cashew Lemon Cookie Bites | Quick Healthy Snack or Dessert Recipe | Healthy Grocery Girl
2. Chocolate: Chocolate has many benefits other than having a great taste and making it a perfect munching snack when stressed. Many studies have concluded that eating dark chocolate can relieve stress. Eating dark chocolate can increase serotonin in the brain to help improve mood swings.
If you are not a fan of dark chocolate(bitter taste), try these following recipes.
No-Bake Dark Chocolate Biscuit Cake
Dark Chocolate Energy Bites
3. Oatmeal: The beneficial compound again is serotonin. As mentioned serotonin helps with easing the brain of stress and oatmeal, a source of carbs helps to produce serotonin. Oatmeal also has fiber which helps with the digestive system.
Check out the following recipes for snacks.
Healthy Oatmeal Cookies | 3 Different Ways
Healthy No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Oat Bars Recipe
4. Green Tea: Green tea, a drink which everyone has, not because of stress but it has many benefits, as it has antioxidants, help in fat reduction, also improve brain functions etc. So next time you have tea in office do replace it with Green tea.
5. Asparagus: So we have one veggie in our list which has folic acid(folate) and vitamin B which helps ease your mind which in turn helps in calming anxiety and stress.
Check out the following asparagus recipes.
How to Make Parmesan Roasted Asparagus
Hi-Protein Snack: BBQ Turkey Wrapped Asparagus
Top themes and market attention on: