Kapil Mohan, the man behind the famous rum brand Old Monk, passed away in his home place, Mohan Nagar, a locality in Ghaziabad on 6th December 2018.
Here are 5 must know facts about him-
1. Kapil Mohan was a retired Brigadier level army officer who served in the Indian Army. He was also the recipient of Vishisht Seva Mendal, an honour given in army for “distinguished service of an exceptional order”.
2. While his company produced famous brands such as Old Monk and Golden Eagle, Mr. Mohan hardly ever drank and was a spiritual man.
3. Mr. Mohan was also a recipient of the ‘Padma Shri’, India’s fourth Highest Civilian award.
4. His daughter Seema Bakshi was an adopted child and died in 2017.
5. Mohan never advertised his liquor brands and yet Old Monk became the highest selling product in the Indian market for a fair amount of time.